Monday, August 9, 2010

Live Blogging Technical Issues

Lesson number 1, when you're traveling with an electronic product for the first time, make sure the power source you've chosen actually works. I power up my iTouch with my iGo whenever I travel so I thought I could do the same for the iPad. Umm...not so much, probably because my iGo came out before the iPad. So my plans to live blog the entire Blogher conference were stymied by this issue. Only after I got back did I think, "oh, I should have asked the nice rep from Kraft's Big Fork Little Fork app if I could charge my iPad at her booth." Live and learn. Here is my excerpt on Friday that never made it online. Now that I'm back, I'll have time to organize my photos and thoughts into more cohesive posts:

My first Blogher conference session on Friday was the one on FTC regulations. One of the panelists was Stacy Ferguson, an attorney at the FTC (she qualified her statements by saying, "these are my own opinions and do not represent the views of the FTC"). I had asked my friend Donna from law school and her baby E to come to the session with me so we could pretend we were in Professor Pitofsky's antitrust class again. Except this time I wouldn't be wearing my Eye of Sauron watch. She politely declined stating that E probably would not sit through the session and we instead met for lunch. After the afternoon expo visit (can't really live blog from expo when you are walking around), I had just enough time to organize some of the swag (I knew I couldn't take it all with me) before I had to go to the Aiming Low EZPZ event sponsored by HP. I met some very special ladies whose blogs I will definitely be checking out once I get back to my own computer back in SoCal. I wish I could have stayed for the entire event but had to leave early to meet my friend Ann who took the Chinatown bus down from Boston just to see me. Ann and I had a fabulous dinner at Braeburn in the West Village. Then we walked to the Blue Note for the 12:30 show. By 1:30 I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and we took a cab back to midtown.