CONGRATULATIONS NUMBERS 14, 12, 4, 8, AND 19. DVD titles will be assigned in the order you respond to my email! Thanks to everyone who entered. Another fun giveaway will be going up tomorrow.
If you're an at-home parent, summer nights are perfect for watching movies when your kids are out of school both with and without your kids. If you are watching with your kids, it's not a school night so you don't have to worry about homework, getting to bed early, etc. If you're watching after the kids have gone to bed, you don't have to worry about making lunches or going to sleep early yourself so you can get them to school the next day. I was up late last night watching yet another Korean drama on mysoju.com. Since H is out of preschool for the summer, I knew that I could sleep in if they did (my gamble paid off and they slept till 8 this morning!). Next month I'll have some more enjoyable late nights watching three upcoming new releases. FIVE Random Mommy readers will be able to watch the films at the same time as I do by winning a DVD copy of the following movies:
1) One Random Mommy reader will win Diary of a Wimpy Kid arriving on Blu-ray and DVD August 3 from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. If you don’t know much about the movie it follows the life of pre-teen Greg Heffley through his trials and tabulations of life in junior high school. We can all relate to Greg Heffeley’s character because we know what it’s like being an adolescent trying to navigate our way through the social etiquette of junior high.
2) One Random Mommy reader will win Date Night coming out on Blu-ray and DVD on August 10 from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. I think any married person will enjoy this comedy of a couple trying to spice things up and find that they get themselves into more trouble then they ever thought possible. Stewart and I don't get many date nights but I never thought it was such a weird thing that we didn't since our parents never had date nights. Even those few times we've gone out, I've always been worried about what the boys were doing to the babysitter. I think we'll definitely be ready in a couple of years but till then we can live vicariously through this movie!
3) Three Random Mommy readers will win Letters to God arriving on DVD on August 10 from Possibility Pictures and Vivendi Entertainment. It is the heartfelt and inspiring story of what happens when one boy’s journey touches the lives of his family, friends and community. An intimate, moving and often funny story, the film follows the path of a young child with a terminal illness who through his battle becomes a warrior for hope and a champion to everyone around him. I know already that this film will make me realize yet again how lucky Stewart and I are to have two healthy boys.
HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY: Contest period runs from Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 11:01 PM (Pacific) until Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 11:59 PM (Pacific). Enter by leaving the name of your favorite summer blockbuster film, and leave your e-mail address OR sign in to comments using your Blogger ID, making sure your Blogger profile is public and includes your e-mail address.
Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry, it counts if you've done any of these so leave a comment for each one)
1) Follow me on Twitter
2) Tweet this contest (http://tinyurl.com/29yopto) and leave the tweet url
3) Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect by clicking on the sidebar
If you don't leave a qualifying comment and your e-mail address or public Blogger profile, your entry will be disqualified. I reserve the right to extend the contest period. At the end of the contest period, I will utilize Random.org to randomly choose the winners. The winners will be contacted by e-mail and will have 72 hours to respond to my e-mail with their order of preference for the movies. Movies will be allocated based on order of response to the e-mail. If the winners do not respond within 72 hours, the prizes will go to the next place winners as decided by Random.org. This contest is open for US Residents only. A huge thank you and much appreciation to my friends at 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Vivendi Entertainment for their generosity! Good luck!
I did not receive compensation for this post. I will receive product samples to facilitate my review of these films.