Saturday, December 1, 2012

Have a Good Play Kitchen Rec?

I thought I was pretty good about being non-gender specific about toys. I got my boys a doll stroller pretty early on and traded one of their little toy cars for a baby doll. They loved the stroller, more as a racing vehicle than anything else. The baby doll, not so much, they ripped off her clothes and I had to put it away so it wouldn't lose its head. The one thing they really love that is not cars or trains is pretend play with food. They would play supermarket, they would restaurant, they would do tea party, you name it. But I didn't take the plunge and buy them a play kitchen.

Now that I think about it, I really don't know why I didn't. Maybe the fact that the train table took up half the room so there really wasn't space for it. Maybe subconsciously I thought that was a "girl" thing and didn't even seriously consider it. But now that I have a little girl, I am bit ashamed of myself for depriving my boys years of play because I'm going to buy one for Toddler E. I'm sure they will all enjoy it and have fun playing chef and everything else.

If you would help me by recommending your favorite play kitchen set, I'd really appreciate it. As you know, I've been working with Wikets for over a year now. I've really enjoyed sharing the things that I love with the community and finding great things that others recommend that I never would have discovered otherwise. My boys still devour the National Geographic 2013 Kids Almanac every night. They love finding out new facts and looking things up on the phone through QR codes. I'd never even have thought to get it if I didn't see another Wikets user rec it. Wikets has just come out with a new web feature so that even if you don't have an iOS device, you can still recommend things for your friends. If you click on my wiket widget on my sidebar, you can share with me what you think would be the best play kitchen for my kiddos. You do have to join Wikets to make the recommendation but the process is easy and secure!

No comments: